Home Page | Accessibility | Contact Us |

Housing Choice Voucher

Housing Programs

Normal View Large Veiw Extra Large View

Portability (HCV)

Are you porting into or out of Clark County from another housing authority?

The SNRHA is currently BILLING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.. This is subject to change at any time.

Please submit the following information to your current housing authority:

The mailing address is as follows:
Southern Nevada Regional Housing Authority
380 N. Maryland Parkway
Las Vegas, NV 89101

The portability specialist is:
Linda Avila
PH: 702-477-3445
Fax: 702-383-0801
Email: SNRHA_portability@SNVRHA.org

Your current (PHA) must fax, email, or mail your portability documentation prior to your arrival in Clark County area. NO HAND delivered documents will be accepted.

Please allow 14 days for reviewing of your documents and scheduling your attendance to portability briefing.

The payment Standards by bedrooms are as follows: (See Chart) list bedroom size and amount.

Porting-In To Las Vegas/Clark County (Port In)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Families will not be permitted to exercise portability during the 12 month period after admission to the program. If the family owes monies to the Housing Authority, the balance must be paid in full or the transfer will be denied. Families in violation of their family obligations will not be permitted to transfer to Clark County.

It is the family's responsibility to contact and determine which Housing Authority they elect to port to which would be the "receiving housing authority".

Step One:

Your current PHA must fax, email, or mail your portability documentation prior to your arrival in the Las Vegas area.

Step Two:

Please call 702-477-3445 to confirm:

  • That the SNRHA has received your HUD required documentation and
  • To schedule attendance to a SNRHA Portability Briefing.


Porting Out Of Clark County (Port Out)

Please fill out the Request For Portability Form with the new housing authority's contact information and submit it to your occupancy specialist. The form can be located in the Housing Choice Voucher Lobby and on the housing authority's website SNVRHA.org. Your Occupancy Specialist will contact the new housing authority to confirm porting. If everything is approved your occupancy specialist will contact you to schedule an appointment for you to bring in a signed and dated Notice of intent to Vacate (30 day notice).


Moving within Las Vegas- Clark County

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The family is in jeopardy of losing their Housing Choice Voucher/Section 8 assistance when they fail to follow the housing authority's transfer procedures.

Step One:

You must submit an "Intent to Vacate" signed by you and the owner/manager to the SNRHA Housing Authority only after you have served or received a vacate notice to move or you elect not to renew your lease, but before you actually move out of the unit. You are to call your caseworker to schedule an appointment to submit your notice.

Step Two:

Attend your scheduled transfer appointment. At this appointment, you will receive instructions on the rest of the process, including being issued a voucher and new Request for Tenancy Packet. You will also be required to complete a new Continued Occupancy Form unless you have completed one within 60 days of your appointment.


© Southern Nevada Regional Housing Authority
340 N 11th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101-1897
Phone: 702-477-3100
| TDD: 702-387-1898 | Fax: 702-435-3039 | Office Hours: 8 A.M. to 5 P.M., Monday - Friday
Web Design by VegasGraphics.com

Home | About Us | Housing Services | Procurement | Public Notice | Employment
Equal Housing Opportunity Accessibility